Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

who's coming?

estwing

I went to the north staffs astro club on tues not been for a couple of years but Scott (auspom) said that a talk was been given by the "cosmic whirlwind" Nigel Bradbury...The northen lights experiences, telling of the different trips and tips to see this wonderful gift from above. To my surprise you can board a plane and take a chartered flight up and over the Shetland isles to see it, in fact Nigel said they'd failed on only 6 times out of 265 to see the Aurora! some flights are as cheap as £199 so that's my Christmas present sorted!

That sounds like a good price to see the Aurora. I wonder how much it costs to get up to Shetland from the south of the UK, I am guessing it will not be cheap.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

That sounds like a good price to see the Aurora. I wonder how much it costs to get up to Shetland from the south of the UK, I am guessing it will not be cheap.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

maybe get a cheap train ticket to aberdeen/inverness then price a flight from there?

I went to the north staffs astro club on tues not been for a couple of years but Scott (auspom) said that a talk was been given by the "cosmic whirlwind" Nigel Bradbury...The northen lights experiences, telling of the different trips and tips to see this wonderful gift from above. To my surprise you can board a plane and take a chartered flight up and over the Shetland isles to see it, in fact Nigel said they'd failed on only 6 times out of 265 to see the Aurora! some flights are as cheap as £199 so that's my Christmas present sorted!

I've gotta say, this has been on my mind alot since tuesday evening Calv. It would be interesting to see if Peter Lawrence could match Nigels enthusiasm ;). Seriously though, I think it would be a fantastic experience and I can't see you seeing the northern lights for less.

start saving mate we gotta  do this, always wanted to see them but couldn't see a "cheap" way of doing it with almost 99% chance of getting a result!

Thinking about it, it's only a tenner a week in the coffee jar and I'm there for next season :) ...LETS DO IT

All the flights are from £199 (depending on package) from where ever you fly from in the UK  http://www.auroraflights.co.uk/

Thanks for the link. I misunderstood the original post as I thought the flights were from Shetland itself, I did not realize that they organize flights from all over the UK, the nearest to me is from Bristol, I may give this a go!

Whilst working over in Oslo,Norway for a while I had friends who had a cabin up in Tromso and I used to visit every now and then, have seen the northern lights on a few occasions and it's something I hold very close to me.

One time the lights were pure white and looked like ice cream dripping from the sky........an amazing sight to see and must get in contact with my Norsky friends soon to book another trip.

(note to ones self...........make sure you save for a whole year, one night out in Norway costs a fortune)

Bungielad.

Archived