Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Televue Delos Review

I puchased my first Delos eyepiece, the 10mm, around 2 years ago and have since added the 4.5mm and 14mm.  Over that time they have proven themselves to be outstanding performers and have relegated virtually all my other eyepieces to be permanent residents in my eyepiece case (perhaps I should think about selling a couple!  :grin: ).

I have now put all my thoughts into a review.  Please let me know what you think.

http://alpha-lyrae.co.uk/2014/05/04/televue-delos-eyepiece-review/

post-24651-0-77947100-1399405858_thumb.j

No I don't own three 14mm (that would be excessive!) , just showing the adjustable eye guard

Clear Skies,

Superb piece of work Matthew - thanks for posting the link  :smiley:

I've still to actually look through a Delos, having looked at a few and been impressed with the design and build. 

We used to accept a few small ultimate performance compromises to have the luxury of a wide field of view combined with long eye relief but those days seem to be gone now - we really can "have our cake and eat it" !

Thanks for the kind comments.

As you say Alan, Jupiter is not always one for such high magnifications, but when the sky conditions have allowed it, the APM 180mm really does deliver.

Clear Skies,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived