Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Super Sunday 04/05

pragmatist

Finally some sun. Really nice prominence at 8 o'clock. In fact there is activity all around the solar disk. Couple of lovely sunspots. Really bright plage at 7 o'clock and this one looks promising.

God I love solar.

Matt

Yeah it really is quite nice right now.

Putting on another good weekend show for us. :D

I was imaging some of it but for some reason the frame rate dropped right down, I think either the camera or the laptop doesn't like being too hot so I'm giving it a break before trying again.

It has cleared up quite well here at the moment and seems to be getting better :laugh:  There are a couple of nice proms including the beast from yesterday.

A particularly prominent prom is in the 3 o'clock position at this point in time :grin:

There looks to be a decent-sized detached blob about 2 to 3 hours anti-clockwise in the mirrored view of the big 'un. At least, I can't see that it is attached. Do you think it's making a break for it?

Some great solar viewing today and a snapshot at the end of play. Vodka and coke in the garden and clear skies, what more can a solar astronomer wish for. 

The whole limb seemed to be alive today putting on a great show. So glad i didn't take sell my scope and take up darts :)

post-16912-0-44577200-1399223988_thumb.j

post-16912-0-23605300-1399224032_thumb.j

post-16912-0-08916300-1399224045_thumb.j

post-16912-0-98566000-1399224329_thumb.j

You're well set up there Matt, very comfortable indeed. Solar observers aren't daft. Not only do we have comfort, warmth, daylight and the odd glass of something chilled, we also observe the most active and spectacular object in the sky. When will the others catch on!

Your not wrong there Lyn, it sure is absorbing and when you have a clear blue sky to play with I think it's very hard to beat and each day is so different. Social observing hours, warmth, comfort. Just superb.

White light only, for me, today. Been windy, some high clouds, seeing too poor for Ha.

And I never got around to my Crown & Pepsi, thanks for the prompt on that, pragmatist.

post-32655-0-79576700-1399250119_thumb.j

Archived