Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

oaCapture for OSX

JamesF

I have had 2 hangs today whilst Solar imaging using a virtually identical set up to @Avdhoeven (I just have 64GB of SSD).  I connect the ASI174MM (USB3) directly to my USB 2 port. It seems to coincide with switching between saved Profiles but that may be coincidence.  I can't get the hang of saving profiles either.  Its probably just me but I can't get it to save the current profile.  When I reopen the last saved profile the gain setting defaults to 200 rather than the setting I was using. Any tips?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
On 4 May 2016 at 18:38, JamesF said:

I'll check the profiles.  It's possible there are bugs there.  They have caused me no end of trouble to get working :D

Hi James, any news on this? Also, today I tried the autorun function.  It all seems fine except the counter doesn't move from '1 of n'.  So, for example, I set it for 80 captures and it doesn't budge from 1 of 80 despite files being captured ok. I'm using 0.9 on El Capitan.  Many thanks.

Hi James, only just got round to trying the latest version today and notice max' available frame rate using the Skyris 274M has dropped from 20 to 15 and if I increase the exposure time it drops to 1fps.

All running on USB3

MBP late 2012, I updated to El Capitan before I tried the latest oaCapture so don't know if that's the problem as never tried it with Yosemite.

Everything seems slower in El C' takes ages to boot up now.

Thanks,

Dave

• 2 months later...
On 16/08/2016 at 11:50, Owmuchonomy said:

Hi James, any news on this? Also, today I tried the autorun function.  It all seems fine except the counter doesn't move from '1 of n'.  So, for example, I set it for 80 captures and it doesn't budge from 1 of 80 despite files being captured ok. I'm using 0.9 on El Capitan.  Many thanks.

I thought I'd fixed this one, but I've added it to my list of stuff to check in the next release, just in case.

James

Archived