SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC443 - First night for me in 2008

NickH

Still feeling rather rough (anyone who heard me croaking away at Astrofest will testify...), but managed to set up the scope, and just leave it auto guiding away. Popped out after 2 hours, and saw that this was dropping below the house to our left.

So then went on to try out the new DSI-III I just acquired (colour version...which could be interesting using the Artemis for the narrowband and then augmenting the images with the DSI-III colour data...still working out the best way to do that..), on the Leo Triplet (still processing that, first light, trying to get used to it, and Envisage...that was fun, swapping cameras, and focussing, when feeling rough as a bag of nails!)

Anyway...Here's the first shot from me this year, IC443, taken with the ART285/ED80 at F7.5 - 12 x 10 minute subs (lost about 7 more, due to setup errors on my part. PHD version 1.7 autoguided with the ST102/DSI-C/EQ6 mount version 3.11 firmware.

H-Alpha channel only, processed in Maxim DL and CS2

Resized to 55% and cropped a bit.

Archived