Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First white light with 66mm - Sat. 19th April, 2014

Luke

Well I was meant to be setting up our diddy little 66mm frac for white light solar for Sarah to have a look and see if it would do for her as a grab-and-go, or whether she'd need a touch more aperture like the 80mm I take to work with me for solar lunch. The trouble is, the 66mm gave such a sweet view at the eyepiece with the Lunt 1.25 Herschel Wedge that I now want to use it instead of the 80! :evil:

13949656405_bb298ae631_c.jpg

13927680562_72dff12a52_c.jpg

Sarah is now coming out with all sorts of threats, like she might jolly well buy a Tele Vue 76 if I want to lay my hands on the Revelation 66 :grin:  I'm half tempted to let her! :eek::grin:

Here are my first images with the 66. If they don't look any good it's down to my processing, the view at the eyepiece was superb! :happy7:

Happy Easter. Hope everyone has had lots of choccy or plenty of whatever your favourite poison is.

---
19th April, 2014
Revelation 66mm, Grasshopper 3 video camera, Lunt 1.25 wedge, Solar Continuum, IR-cut

Wow!! very crisp indeed!! Sarah, don't let him have it, stick your foot down girl :) :) :)

I got an Easter egg! a moo free one :) I ate half straight away and then regretted it, I'll stick to quarters from now on :)

Alexandra

Wow!! very crisp indeed!! Sarah, don't let him have it, stick your foot down girl :) :) :)

I got an Easter egg! a moo free one :) I ate half straight away and then regretted it, I'll stick to quarters from now on :)

Alexandra

I was surprised just how crisp the white light view was through the eyepiece in the 66mm. It is still up for negotiation, I won't give it up without a fight! :-)

Looks good :)

I'm thinking of keeping my TV Pronto and white light filter in work with the BP 8-24 Mk III.. I also had a moment of weakness earlier and bought an EOS-M which I Can use with the BP EP as I have the adaptor kit...

Mount would be a Vixen Mini Porta or maybe the Astrotrac...

Badly typed on my Galaxay S4 in Tapatalk4

Archived