NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars through the Soup!

Hi all,

So the conditions last night where horrendous, so I gave up on trying to image anything as the clouds where a thick soup.

All I could see with the naked eye was the moon, jupiter, mars and some bright stars.

Anyway I had a look at Mars through the Mak and I could swear I  could see some surface detail.

So I thought, what the heck, I have setup everything anyway, it would be a shame not to give it a bash.

Does make me realise I need to do this on a good night as I think I could really improve on this.

gallery_32740_3139_68417.png

As always, share your thoughts and thanks for taking the time

Thanks guys, was wondering about the filtering affect those high up soupy clouds have.

My image profile in AS2, was 10% of stack at above 90% quality and 25% of stack above 50% quality, then a very sharp dive down to a flat line.

I wonder if the clouds make alot of the frames bad, but filter some and give you a few very good ones?

All credit to you Christopher  for what were obviously trying conditions you have done very well capturing this nice image.  

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived