Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Incredible sight....

pragmatist

Yes very active indeed lots & lots going on, I have a huge break in the clouds coming up very soon, so I am going to sit and wait for it like  a lemon :grin:

Cant wait for Saturday and Sunday judging by all the Sun and Moon icons on the forecast :cool:

As seen through the eyepiece in the 2 O'clock position, I guess this would be reversed in real time, There is an absolute Brama of an ejection.

I saw it form and then expand into a huge full circle and then break in the centre, stunning its a good job that wasn't facing us :laugh:

Im off back out I don't want to miss anything ....Chow :grin:

I must be one of the luckiest sons of guns on the planet, that one reached between 150,000 - 200,000 Km form the suns surface, judging by the table posted earlier in the week

I tell you something, Solar observing takes some beating for entertainment / enjoyment

Spotted a ghostly arcing prom on the south-western limb, close to a bright upright prom, which almost looked like a rearing lion at 20x. Higher magnification gave a less heraldic appearance. On the east, a very pright and compact arc can be seen, along with several others. Very dynamic picture today.

Looking through the wedge the spots are very dark and handsome :laugh:  it very handy indeed having the 2 scopes along side one another. However, I feel I will give myself an RSI if I am not careful, it is like being at Wimbledon on the centre court :grin:

I like your clockface  description of where you saw the proms, so much easier, may use that myself as i always get confused. I'm sure using a diagonal means ease is west lol.

It is strange, 

Its like when you face a mirror and you hold your right hand up in the air, in the mirror it looks like a picture of someone who is holding their left hand up  :shocked:  but when you reach out and touch the mirror so that both fingertips meet it becomes obvious   :laugh:

Archived