Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cumbria Star Party 10

Well Hello Peeps,

Lovely to hear everyone is looking forward to CSP 10.  I am sure the weather is going to be great and there will not be much of a moon either, good choice of dates Mike !!!. 

I cannot believe you are busy again Guy, maybe next time.  Mike O Brian I hope you can make the next one, we can hold Star Parties here anytime so if there are any dates that you would rather we hold CSP 11 just let us know and it shall be done.

Have you all had plenty of viewing lately?  I am going out tonight, it looks like it will be clear and if I am right I think there is a Meteor Shower this weekend.  

At CSP 10 I will provide the jacket potatoes, and I will put an order in at work for some salmon - Hey Daniel I say you do the salmon again, you made such a good job of it last time and the chilli prawns I will get some of those, I can bring the tea, coffee etc. and the bacon butties.  

Speak soon

Nina

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have had to post this to fix my double entendre that has made me laugh loads today, we could do a finish the sentence post.  Need to dash Mike is dragging me up the back .......

I will however finish the sentence now, Mike is dragging me up the back to sort out the stables out for CSP 10.  I will return 

Need to check with my better half but looks like we should be able to come across for a couple of nights. Are kids (6 1/2 yr old) and dogs allowed? Both are very well behaved.

Now to sort out the camping gear!

Andy C pm`d sorry for delay,hope to see you there,Andy and Sandra.lovely to hear from you hope you are both quite well? We will be having more this year and i can safely say August bank holiday there will be one watch this space!!!!!

Andy have you got your hands on your O/O scope yet? If yes what are the photos like?

Have a great holiday and we look forward to seeing you both later in the year,

Regards

Mike

Andy have you got your hands on your O/O scope yet? If yes what are the photos like?

Have a great holiday and we look forward to seeing you both later in the year,

Regards

Mike

Yes the scope did arrive just before Kelling last Autumn.

Hasn't had much use yet as the all up weight is just over 90kg.  and the weather has been awful.

I really need to be building an observatory .

Sandra is continuing to make progress and is currently receiving physiotherapy 3 times a week as part of a medical trial so she will hopefully have more use from her arm in the coming months.

She may even be driving again by the August BH.

Regards

Andy

Hi Mike and Nina,

Just to let the SGL world know that three weeks tonight we will be gazing at clear skies after a great meal in Longtown, Cumbria.

I have a bottle of malt ready.

Seems a good group have already signed up for this brilliant event.

Cheers

Adrian

Nina & Mike,

CSP10 - into double figures now!

I'm in the same boat as Guy... I'm already committed at the time of CSP10. I'd love to come back again as its such a great atmosphere at CSPs and I've learned so much there from everyone. I am determined to get back to a CSP so please have another one (later in the year is good for me!).

Have a great CSP 10 though!

Cheers,

Jonathan

Dear Mike and Nina,   Something has just come up that means I need to be in Glasgow next Saturday. Unfortunately that clashes with CSP10 and so i will be unable to attend.  Pity, as it is always enjoyable and I was looking forward to catching up with everyone..

I hope the weather is kind (even though I will be grinding my teeth at missing it).

Tom

Hi Mike and Nina,

Trust somebody will be in to collect Tom's whiskey in the next day or two from the couriers.

Shame Tom can find anything of interest in Glasgow on a Saturday.

Thinking about Tom's absence does that mean we will have less or more whiskey to drink over the party days?

See you Wednesday.

Cheers

Adrian

Mike, Is there any places left? My mate has just got the stargazing bug and was asking about coming too.

Zoe said she'll miss everyone, but is going to make a meat & potato pie for us. (Thats if Nina doesn't mind throwing it in the oven)

Archived