NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is there a pub within walking distance?

kerrylewis

Hi,

Very important answer.... YES

It's the Moon Inn at Mordiford about a mile away.

The food is very good, at least the stuff I have had.

A good selection of beers etc, the locals are very friendly and the landlady is helpful.

There is wifi at the pub, the landlady keyed the password into my laptop.

The pub has a restaurant if you need to dine more formally.

I believe they have opened a camp site next to the pub.

Some of us... Use the pub...

Cheers

Adrian

There are many pubs in the area but the Moon Inn is the closest - Adrian is known as a regular!!!. In the village of Fownhope there are two pubs - The Green Man (good but expensive for food) and the New Inn (good pub food and beer). On the main road going back towards Hereford is the Bunch of Carrots which has a very good carvery. There are other really good country pubs nearby - Crown Inn at Woolhope as an example  but clearly if you want to walk and not take the car the Moon Inn is your best bet.

The only significant downside of walking to the pubs is the road you need to walk on. It is a fairly busy narrow twisty road with no foot paths

In other words, your reason for walking instead of driving may become a liability as you weave your way home ;)

Hi Kev,

There are paths through the woods, then fields going and reversed coming back.

So a torch for the return trip is essential.

About 3 years ago, when Bas and Julie were deputising for then landlord, they drove me back to Lucksall on a very wet night.

If we drinking in the site cafe and the weather is miserable, then maybe we could live in the cafe and get refunds for our camp pitches?

That solves the closing time issue!

Cheers

Adrian

Archived