Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Christmas tree and cone

CELESCOPE

If there is one neb i want ,its the Christmas tree cluster , after years of short subs and no guiding ,i have never cracked it good , so tonights the night , we will do 5 hours exposure ,not a cloud in sight , whoo hoo , well 1 hr 15 mins, i see Bandits from the west, this is the third time i have been out and the third time these darn bandits have invaded my ground ,and i,m beginning to get the *** with them ,so folks yet another image goes short , i always will put up my failures as well as the good ones , its not all roses ya know , anyway 1 hr 15 mins of 15 min subs .Atik 16hr ,HA FILTER , ed80 IMAGING SCOPE ,c11 GUIDE SCOPE , qhy5 Guide camera , and PHD guiding, processed in MAXIM ,NO DDP ,as the image holds to much noise , just imagine what 5 hours would have achieved

Rog

3526_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

There's a lot in there for an hour and 15 mins, but looking at the residual noise, I now have great concerns for my 2 hours of colour on the same object tonight.

It is a faint one' that's for sure.

Also noticed that you had the camera 'cocked' to one side, and as such you've got more in the 'frame' than I have.

I realise now that I should have turned the camera 'portrait' style.

Shame about the cloud, for both of us. :D

Dave

Thanks guys , yes Dave i have atempted this one many times with short subs , so i know the cone has to be tucked to a corner to get the other part of the neb in , i,m very excited about this one ,as 3 or 4 or maybe 5 hours could give an incredable amount of detail ,

Rog

That's come out really well Rog, especially for such a short total duration :D

It is very very faint and you're bound to end up with some S/N ratio issues unless you get loads iof subs.

Well done....I agree, the framing works really well.

Cheers

Rob

Have to admit I can't see a "Christmas Tree" in it though... where should I be looking? :scratch:

Trev

If you orient it so the cone is at the top, the bright star is at the bottom of the tree.

It's actually easier to see the Christmas tree visually, without the nebulousity. Try a low power wide field view and it really does look like a Christmas tree....very beautiful.

Cheers

Rob

Archived