Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Any feedback on IOAstronomy/HampshireAstronomy?

orly_andico

I'm not in the UK.  I ordered the Altair Astro 0.6X reducer from IOAstronomy/HampshireAstronomy because they pretty much were the only dealer showing this reducer in stock.  I do have a UK shipping address (shipping forwarder).

Anyway it's been 8 days since I ordered (and paid) and I have not heard anything from them.  I did get an invoice but that's it.  Have emailed twice with no response.

I guess my next step is to call them. But does anyone have feedback on this vendor?

Never heard of them until your post, so no idea if they are any good.

There is a load of stuff about customer experience on their site, which you don't seem to be getting.

Have you checked your forwarder......8days may be to short for customs clearance.

I bought an item from them, they went out of their way to get it for me (literally 2 days before Xmas) and were great. Above and beyond the call of duty.

Unfortunately the item wasn't right (absolutely no fault of theirs) and I ended up returning it with no issues whatsoever for a prompt refund.

Ticks the right boxes, helpful advice when selling and help if there are problems.

A genuine bunch of guys (and gals) with a passion for astronomy (was on the phone for about 25 minutes) and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again.

They are relatively new to the retail scene but already have a good reputation. I know the owner, he's a great guy and would be horrified if he thought there was a problem. Give them a call and check all is okay.

I'm fairly sure it's not yet at the forwarded because I would get an email once it arrived.

8 days seems a bit excessive for domestic shipping within the UK. I'm assuming they don't really have the reducer in stock and so.. Anyway I will give them a call on Monday.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

they are listed on Altair astro as one of their advanced stockists so they must have some confidence in them. I've spoken to the owner on a facebook forum and he is nothing but helpful.

I'm hpoing to meet dave in person at the st audries star party next weekend :D

Got an email from Sharon. It shipped 26 and delivered 27. So about a week after I ordered. So now it's between me and my freight forwarder.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Glad it's sorted...sometimes delays happen I guess :)

I'm not in the UK.  I ordered the Altair Astro 0.6X reducer from IOAstronomy/HampshireAstronomy because they pretty much were the only dealer showing this reducer in stock.  I do have a UK shipping address (shipping forwarder).

Anyway it's been 8 days since I ordered (and paid) and I have not heard anything from them.  I did get an invoice but that's it.  Have emailed twice with no response.

I guess my next step is to call them. But does anyone have feedback on this vendor?

actually thinking about it, if the order was made 8 days ago, thats a friday. if recieved after trading (quite possible if ordered from singapore) then it would be dealt with on monday. It was shipped on wednesday so not bad really.

They are relatively new to the retail scene but already have a good reputation. I know the owner, he's a great guy and would be horrified if he thought there was a problem. Give them a call and check all is okay.

I second this.

Mick.

Well my freight forwarder received it on the 28th as reported and I should get my hands on it next week. Crossing fingers it's the right one because a return will be unnecessarily painful.

F/4 here I come!!! It's the poor man's Borg 0.66x Super Reducer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally got a chance to meet David down at St Audries last week-end and to say he is passionate about astronomy is like saying the universe is a "bit" big... Talking under water with a mouth full of wet cement springs to mind :D. He was very helpful and had some great annecdotes to share. A very entertaining and above all knowledgable fella. I ordered something from ioastronomy and recieved it 2 working days later. no hesitation in recommending them.

I got mine a couple weeks ago. The thing is remarkably good for an inexpensive 0.6x reducer. Corner stars are almost perfect on APS C and would be perfect on my 8300 once I get the right spacing for it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Archived