Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

** IMPORTANT PITCH INFORMATION - PLEASE READ **

daz

Hi all

I have had communication from Lucksall regarding the Tent bookings that are more than 4 nights...

As you will remember from the info page, tent pitches for more than 4 nights need to move.

Lucksall are suggesting that those tent bookings be swapped with hard-standings that have less than 4 nights booked. There are several hard-standings that have large enough grass areas for tents. I have asked the question about people being able to move their tents from one side of the pitch to other but am waiting on an answer...

I don't know how the pitches will be swapped around, but if you have a question or issue, please let me know ASAP.

I'm assuming that would be me - monday through the week.. pitch 51.. previously we've moved the tent from one side of the pitch to the other. Is this now no longer acceptable to Lucksall?

Only reason I ask is moving inter-pitch makes for an interesting experience with all the gear setup. Previously the gear was setup to allow the tent move but not have to reposition everything.

I'm also there from Monday (pitch 50, next to Nick) and I have a LARGE tent which will be a right royal pain to shift without help. Intra pitch not an option as it will fill most of one. Does not make for a relaxing weeks holiday :sad:

I'm also there from Monday (pitch 50, next to Nick) and I have a LARGE tent which will be a right royal pain to shift without help. Intra pitch not an option as it will fill most of one. Does not make for a relaxing weeks holiday :sad:

You were always going to need to move your pitch after 4 nights - this has always been a rule with Lucksall and is in the booking info page.

What Daz mentions is something different - potentially needing to move those staying more than 4 nights to different pitches completely.

Hi DAZ

I will be there for 5 nights......on a grassy pitch, needing as per usual to move the tent on day 4 or 5.

Does Gary (site owner) want us to pitch on an electrical hard standing for all the days and those booked for hard standing, mostly camper vans who will be there for less days to swap?

I usually get help to move..... It normally takes an hour to unload the tent, move it and reload.

Cheers

Adrian

I think kev was also starting monday - he's done in the past.. 

Can you give the length width of the hard standing grass? Icarus 500 with canopy footprint is length 9.7m x width 3.2m - not including any guide rope setup space.

Hi Nick,

I spoke to Garry at last year's SGL about putting a tent on one of his hard standings. (Because of the muddy conditions...)

He said that it would not be a problem, because you can get the tent pegs into the gravel.

I think the intention would be camp on the gravel part and not on the surrounding grass.

The hard standing are the same size as the grassy pitches.

The other question is would camper vans and caravans cut the grass up if they park on the grassy pitches instead?

Trust your beer travels well.

Cheers

Adrian

I don't mind pitching on the gravel if it helps eliminate the need to move partway through the week. I'll just remember to pack a large tarp to protect the ground sheet of the tent.

Assuming that's what's being suggested?

Hi Daz, as usual I may come a day early and/or stay a day later depending on the weather. 

When I stayed at the campsite early this month, I had to pitch my tent in the hard standings as the rally field was closed. It is not that different from pitching on grass, the only thing is if you have to kneel down inside the tent, it can be a bit hard on the knees! Packing up the tent is quite a bit easier as the gravel dries out much quicker than  grass. 

Good point astronome - will need a tarp to give some cushioning (have two GS already) but easy either way especially as the outlook is showers. Saves getting a muddy pool or two.. :)

Adrian- just trying to size up the 10m of tent + car.. Sure it'll fit? I can't visualise the sizes.

Beer will be fine - it's hogs back England's Glory 4.4% so sediment needs settling ;) minipin so about 17 pints.. I'll probably have whiskey too.. Sort of preparing for a slow start with some spotty weather - may go visual depending on weather.

I have no problem being on hardstanding.  I have a proper camp bed so will be off the ground for sleeping anyway.  However, I have a question... how exactly do you peg a tent into the ground on hardstanding?  Sorry to have to ask, but I've only ever camped on grass before.

Archived