• Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Jake :wink: ! Utterly hopeless here at the moment...... :clouds2:

Best regards,

Ralph

Cheers Jake :wink: ! Utterly hopeless here at the moment...... :clouds2:

Best regards,

Ralph

On the plus side, Co Antrim is considerably drier than the wet and wild western side beyond the Sperrin's!     

Very nice image  :smiley:

Took me a while to work out the other day to know what were clouds and I though to be something else like an ice cap at first. Excuse my noobness on Mars :p  Only started recently to rationalise the various areas and those clouds look lovely at the eyepiece. 

that is another cracking image, blue always very soft/mushy to me. you are doing the QHY5L proud!  i guess you a using a barlow for this image scale?

everytime i have been out lately it has clouded over just before Mars makes an appearance

Thanks Pete - hoping for good seeing at these low elevations is a big ask, and I have a slight advantage at  50°41'N and a clear  dark southern horizon.     I had been using a revelation x5 ED barlow, though after much messing around found that this was causing some ghosting and blurring.     I'm now using a Baader x2.25 zoom barlow with some 100mm extension, which was giving approx 4.5x for this capture.     Not ideal due to the long extension, but performing much better than the Revelation - until I can either fix this or source a replacement (Powermates on the Christmas list :) )

Blue channel is always a problem, though - unless the seeing is good that is;)    I do tend to be more aggressive with sharpening blue, unless I have a good luminance layer.    Red or IR-PASS can really help with Mars, for non purists..

Archived