Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I'm not lost, honest!

Ant

Hi I'm Ant and I'm an alcoholicvisual astronomer again.

I took delivery of a small skywatcher 6" f8 Dob yesterday (thanks FLO), and had my first brief session out last night.

It was extremely foggy, I could only see a handful of stars. But it was really good to pick up scope, move scope, put scope down, observe. Packing away was very much the same but in reverse :)

Had a look at the moon, Jupiter and Mars. The scope needs collimating, but I was still able to get amazing views of the moon, Jupiter and the moons/belts etc... And Mars. I really don't like Mars but beleive that I could see a hint of the ice cap.

Quite looking forward to using the scope more with my son, and also when DSO imaging.

I also own two eyepieces :)

Cheers

Ant

Even Darth Vader turned back from the dark side:

"Let me look upon you with my own eyes"

Congratulations on your return to the good side :)

p.s. two eyepieces aren't enough, you will have to start a collection ;)

I've been imaging with a solar scope for about a year, but thats the reason I bought a Hutech 12mm Ortho to look through it!!!

Michael, two will have to do I'm afraid. No funds for eyepeices...

Ant

I've been imaging with a solar scope for about a year, but thats the reason I bought a Hutech 12mm Ortho to look through it!!!

Michael, two will have to do I'm afraid. No funds for eyepeices...

Ant

Sure, you will keep the number of EPs down to just two. And then, one day, you find they pup ;)

Archived