NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

first half decent Mars in mixed conditions

viewing has been hit and miss all night
lots of boil earlier tonight so Jupiter was a bit of a wash out

so I turned my attention to Mars an hour ago and started messing around with it while still rising

did some 2000 frame runs with a lot of LP as Mars wasn't much above the dual carriageway out my front door running east west

so popped the LP filter on the barlow, mounted it to my ASI120 MC and played with some settings in fire capture (poor frame rate of 40 - 50)

but ran a few test runs

just processed the last run to see what I had and I'm blown away I got some detail out of Mars if only some colour
under some very variable conditions

just hoping I can get Saturn as soon as it clears the barrage of street lamps  and cooling towers from the industrial park

on the other side of the road

post-34443-0-50337200-1394504998.png

Great attempt! I never had ANY luck when I tried imaging Mars with a Barlow. Have since acquired a better Barlow quality but have gone off to image galaxies...

The current weather conditions can be an issue, the quality of your lens will too and the LP filter in front of the Barlow may cause funny artifacts as well...

Keep at it!!

Archived