Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AstroTortilla problem

Hawkeye

Hi All, I am having some problems with AstroTortilla and wondered if anyone else has had this problem and knows of a cure....

I am running a HEQ5 through EQMod, APT, and CdC, everything works fine taking the picture and solving the image but when it tries to slew the mount AstroTortilla stops responding and I have to use Task Manager to close it.

This problem does not happen all the time, but about 75% of the time, and once it has happened once it will not work again until I disconnect everything and re-boot the laptop..

Help!

Cheers

Paul

Hiya

Yeah, I've had that problem too recently. Thinking about it, it's only since I downloaded the 64-bit version so maybe that has a bug. Next time I get a chance to do anything I'll revert to the 32-bit version and see if that's ok.

Louise

Well I un-installed Astrotortilla last night, re-installed it and everything worked wonderfully for 3 hours, then moved to a new target and it just stopped working.

really don't understand what is causing this to crash :(

Hiya

Yeah, I've had that problem too recently. Thinking about it, it's only since I downloaded the 64-bit version so maybe that has a bug. Next time I get a chance to do anything I'll revert to the 32-bit version and see if that's ok.

Louise

does it with me using 32bit on winxp

Yeah, there does seem a problem with AT/Stellarium/EQmod sync data. My AT was generally ok last night - didn't get any lockups. But when running mixed 32 and 64 bit software including EQmod, Stellarium Scope, Stellarium, Astrotortilla, APT and PHD guiding all together it's perhaps unsurprising that some bugs creep in! Out of the top of my head I think the 64 bit AT is actually an earlier version number compared to the 32 bit one so may possibly need another revision. Not 100% sure on that but will keep an eye out for updates! I'll run the EQmod with the 'dialogue based' setting tonight and see how that goes. I've just been clearing the sync data periodically but maybe it's better not to save any for now.

Louise

I had lock ups if I have some alignment points already set up in EQMOD before using AT.  So I always start with an 'empty' EQMOD and AT has always worked OK with that.

Apparently changing EQMOD from "Append on Sync" to "Dialogue Based" will solve this

Will have to give this a try too.

thanks for everyone's advice.. hopefully one of the above suggestions will work for me.

cheers

Paul

Archived