Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSS

Hi All,

I seem to be having a problem in that DSS goes through all the motions of stacking my images and then it goes to a completely greyed out image that wont allow you to do anything, any ideas?

Thanks

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey thanks, i thought it might be something like that.

When i am extracting the .rar files to the directory it only gets to 86% and then stops, anyone else had this and know how to resolve it?

Thanks

When i am extracting the .rar files to the directory it only gets to 86% and then stops, anyone else had this and know how to resolve it?

Thanks

Thanks

Um, no, but I'd suggest redownloading the DSS Beta.

Hth

Louise

Anyone else had the above problem? I still cant get it to work ! 

Hi

Did you get it to extract ok and install? If you've done that successfully can you see any detail in your individual subs. DSS lets you view them but you usually have to adjust display brightness with the slide control on the top right. What happens exactly when you go through the registration and stacking process?

Louise

I have used it before, but this time round taking pics my DSLR saved them as cR2 files.

It is the 3.3.4 files that i have downloaded and the instructions on the DSS page says to just exctract them to the DSS directory - it is when i am doing this that i get the above problem.

Created a new directory and still it wont extract them to it. Also, the below picture is the files ihave downloaded - some have exclamation marks, i am guessing this is not normal?

post-34436-0-34914700-1394364891_thumb.j

Hi there

You obviously managed to download and extract the original version you had problems with. Um what computer are you using? I downloaded the 3.3.4 version last night and extracting the files was virtually instantaneous.

Looks the same as yours to me. The only difference seems to be the program used to extract. I've used WinRAR....

The DSS needs about 27Mb once extracted - I can't imagine you don't have that available?

The only other thing I can think of is maybe a virus checker stopping it?

One other difference - I tend to extract progs like that to a folder in 'Documents' where I'm certain of having all the necessary file privileges.

I'm afraid I can't think of anything else. I just know it's something obvious!

Louise

A couple of things to try if you've not already!

Try running 7-Zip as an administrator, it might be having trouble with permissions while extracting to certain folders. Right-click on 7-Zip in the start menu and select 'Run as Administrator', you'll probably get a warning that the program may make changes etc. but click OK to allow it.

Make sure DSS isn't running if you're extracting into its folder, otherwise some files won't be overwritten as they'll be locked.

Hey, 

I seem to have jumped the gun with this somewhat. I did manage to extract the files but this is the first chance i have had to sit down and try to stack images and still i get a greyed out image. It is detecting the stars etc but then nothing when it is stacked. I just tried one light and it detected the stars on there and again no image. I ttried one light and the master dark and nothing. Please see the below image. Any helkp gratefully received. Thanks.

post-34436-0-80218800-1394878219_thumb.j

Archived