Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M51 (Whirlpool galaxy) & NGC5194

Well done Russe, I'm seeing so many great images from these little 130pds recently, I had one and loved imaging with it so I still ask myself why I sold it? I think these little beauties are fast overtaking the ED80 as the starter Imaging scope of choice, contraversial to say I know :D

Well done Russe, I'm seeing so many great images from these little 130pds recently, I had one and loved imaging with it so I still ask myself why I sold it? I think these little beauties are fast overtaking the ED80 as the starter Imaging scope of choice, contraversial to say I know :D

Is this how you went - ED80 first and then Altair 150mm?

wow they are awsome!! and you get that FOV from a cropped canon DSLR on the 130-pds!!??? thats insane! i was thinking if i tried imaging with only my DSLR + 130-pds and no barlow the size of M51 would be a point of light. still gobsmacked by your images from the 130-pds!!! i can only get around 2 mins from my 130-pds setup tho so im guessing i wont even be able to see it on my images where your taking 300s!!! subs :(

i really cant wait to tick off my 1st whirlpool galaxy that i image, and i want it to be M51, id be soooo happy if i got something 10% as good as yours

Ah! Thanks! You're too kind. I wish I could do better - but I've recently decided to spend only one night per object with the DSLR. Unless I had less than 2 hr exposures. I've done M74 recently (see somewhere this forum) and imaged for 3 nights. Didn't make a massive difference I thought. I rather get decent enough DSLR images and start saving up. I need to get my guiding better too. I've tried going 600s but got eggy stars.

Archived