NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Vixen Atlux 150ED - First Light :-)

Thanks Stu :smiley:

I'm going to stick with the big refractor but I need to develop a good routine for setting it up. My other scopes can just be more or less popped out or pulled in in minutes but the big refractor needs more setup time and 90 mins to cool too.

I was reading that the Comedian Will Hay used a similar refractor to discover his famous white spot on Saturn in 1933. He had a nice observatory and what looks like a massively sturdy mount for his :smiley:

Have you considered a permanent pier at all? Would then just allow you to 'sling' the scope on......

That is indeed one sturdy mount. Bet that doesn't wobble when you stub your toe on it!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Stu, please stop posting pics of your Vixen, its making me jealous all over again :grin: 

starting to wish i had kept my TAL125r, but to many scopes and the 100rs does every thing the 125 did but in a lighter package 

My apologies Jules :-), I'll blame Dave, he started it again ;-)

Not even sure I knew you had sold your 125? When did that happen?

No problem Stu, I have broad shoulders...I need 'em to lug a 2metre F15 about!

As far as I'm concerned you can never drool too much over a nice frac of whatever size.

That Will Hay scope was a beast John! I wonder where it is now? Hope it found a good home after he passed away..

Dave

My apologies Jules :-), I'll blame Dave, he started it again ;-)

Not even sure I knew you had sold your 125? When did that happen?

I sold it in January, when myself and Claire got our house together, i felt the need to lighten the collection, as said the 100rs is as good but lighter

Archived