NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Primary Mirror Compression Springs

Skyline

I have been searching to get some new stronger compression springs for a scope I recently picked up second hand.

The dimensions of the current springs are: OD: 11.5mm, Free Length: 14.5mm & diameter of wire 1.2mm

Can anyone suggest where I can obtain some compression springs please, which will be stronger. 

They will be used on a 6" reflector primary cell.

Thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...

I have been searching to get some new stronger compression springs for a scope I recently picked up second hand.

The dimensions of the current springs are: OD: 11.5mm, Free Length: 14.5mm & diameter of wire 1.2mm

Can anyone suggest where I can obtain some compression springs please, which will be stronger. 

They will be used on a 6" reflector primary cell.

Thanks for your help

I found springs and nylon bushings at a local hardware store..they had a huge selection...I took an old one with me and found exactly what I wanted....The big box building supply stores did not have a good selection....

Alternatively (when you live in south africa and not a single hardware store

has anything remotely resembling a spring....-eehhh...spriiing??? what iiissss datttt ???)

Have them custom made...

For three springs...(double strength) I paid around R 150..which is about UK 9,-

not sure what they charge there...

Archived