Hello from Sevenoaks, Kent

Rogue1892

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the welcome everyone, haven't been able to use my scope outside yet the battery box had a wire loose so sent it back  to be replaced. So all I've been able to do is plug it into the mains and look at the hills and line up the finder scope with the scope.

Hi Emmanuel, how do you find it in Sevenoaks for seeing ? Do you go anywhere ?

Cheers, John

I do all the observation from my garden on bradbourne park road. The EQ6 + 10" meade is too heavy to transport ;)

Seeing is not that great (especially now with the stormy weather) but at least I can see the milky way. I used to be in SE London where the sky had that typical urban orange glow, so it's not hard to be happy with the skies in Sevenoaks!

This said, I'm sure if you trek a few miles outside of town, you must have pretty nice views! where about are you?

I do all the observation from my garden on bradbourne park road. The EQ6 + 10" meade is too heavy to transport ;)

Seeing is not that great (especially now with the stormy weather) but at least I can see the milky way. I used to be in SE London where the sky had that typical urban orange glow, so it's not hard to be happy with the skies in Sevenoaks!

This said, I'm sure if you trek a few miles outside of town, you must have pretty nice views! where about are you?

I live in Bayham Road, but I'm thinking of taking my scope around the back of Knole park where there is no lights, should be a nice dark place. Haven't used my scope yet been so busy, hopefully I can get out with it tonight if the skies stay clear.

Archived