NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M106, Short data and many firsts

lensman57

Hi,

Having come back from work at about 12am on friday night I noticed that the rain and clouds cleared at about 1.30am, I was having a "small glass" of whiskey before going to bed. I decided to haul the  stuff out as I was not going to miss the clear period. I had the 314L on the 150PDS with the filter wheel and was no time to mess around with changing cameras. So I set up for  M106 as I have been waiting for an opportunity to image this galaxy. I only gave it 6X300s exposure for each RGB and 7X600s of Ha and I am not sure if the addition of the Ha helped the matters or not but here it is anyway.

SW 150PDS( Still not collimated and with a wonky focuser ), Atik 314L+, Astronomik RGB filters and a Baader 7nm Ha, all on an HEQ5. Processing in Pixinsight and PS. This was my first of M106, first time RGB imaging with the Ha as lum and a due to very short data a lot of processing hassel.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-44563900-1393169901_thumb.p

M106 is a target that rewards quite a lot of data and it does like a fat dollop of Luminance...  the outer shell is pretty faint, that you've managed to pick up the shell is pretty good going.  I like that you can see background and therefore all the faint details, and you've got good core detail in there too.  

That's a pretty good M106 for the data you have. I found it a nightmare when I had a go and have never been back!! You've done well and I hope you will continue to add to it!

Thank you Sara,

I will try and add data if the weather permits it.

Regards,

A.G

That's looking grand. Well done for making the effort to get out there. It's amazing how the adrenalin kicks in and the work weary tiredness vanishes once out with the set up. It is also a great sense of achievement when you look back at the resulting image. We have to seize the few opportunities that present themselves at the moment... Tomorrow night could be one such moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's looking grand. Well done for making the effort to get out there. It's amazing how the adrenalin kicks in and the work weary tiredness vanishes once out with the set up. It is also a great sense of achievement when you look back at the resulting image. We have to seize the few opportunities that present themselves at the moment... Tomorrow night could be one such moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate,

I can only try.

Regards,

A.G

Archived