Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

At last, a satisfying couple of hours

Stridor

Thought I was never going to get the scope out; either cloudy, raining or working 'nights': but wife and son away for the weekend and managed a couple of satisfying hours before some cloud rolled in. Jupiter showing well at 170x; followed Callisto's shadow traversing, but my highlight was the short hop to M35 and M36, and then on to M67; all were stunning through the 32mm . it was only two hours, but two hours more than I've done in the last six weeks!!

I set up at about 5... came in to have dinner, and sit though an excruciating half hour or so of 'the voice' ( the Mrs ) and then went out, aligned the scope, got my iPod ( nice deadmau5 set ready to go ) ..... and within 20 minutes the cloud cover came in. so, lugged everything back indoors again... i guess when us noobs are told to set our expectations, it isn't just based on what we will see, but also, the narrow windows on when we will be able to view clearly.... most disappointed. 

on the plus side, got my first clear view of jupiter through the 8mm....... even though only for a few minutes. very exciting. 

so, i am happy... but wanted to be happier i guess :)

cheers

James

Archived