Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter and Ganymede 16th 200p

long_arms

Hello :smiley: , 

This was taken on the 16th at around 01:20. The seeing was pretty decent, I wished I'd set up earlier when Jupiter was a little higher. 

Taken with my skywatcher 200p, stock 2x barlow and asi120mm. 

There was some very faint detail on Ganymede, but only the red channel. The G and B were rubbish...I should have upped the exposure especially to get a proper RGB of the moon. 

post-26081-0-58783900-1392668045.png

All criticisms and comments appreciated, 

Dan

Hi,

Excellent image and I aspire to be able to create an image as good as yours one day.

Are you able to explain how you did it and what camera you used etc. I'd be most grateful.

I have a CPC925 but no real astronomy camera, only a simple webcam that I've modified.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

M

Good work Dan.

Are you able to explain how you did it and what camera you used etc. I'd be most grateful.

It was taken using a ZWO ASI120 MM....so a Monochrome camera, and a filter set used to produce colour images (hence the talk about channels (red, blue green etc)

Looking good Dan, with some nice detail/contrast in the processing.    I think you should be able to push the focal length a little, F15 as normal and F20-25 if the seeing is good.

I found the Revelation ED barlows work really nicely with my qhy - fitted after the filter wheel, though I can also fit the baader zoom barlow to a 1.25" nosepiece on the front end of the filter wheel to achieve the focal length.   Though I did change the fitting on the end of the draw tube to a low profile 2" compression ring to allow for the extension provided by the filter wheel:   2" Adapter with Compression Ring - for SkyWatcher Newtonians with M54 thread - £37

Archived