Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

At last a clear sky (yet another M42) + processed

trudie

It seems like months since the scope was out, so with a clear sky I got the duster on the scope and had a go at M42 before the Moon came up and wiped everything out.

The really annoying part was I had every intention of having a really late night and trying imaging the Moon and possibley Saturn, only to find the other half has been using MY power tank on his boat, so just settling down nicely (after it took me 2 hours to remember what went where and how everything worked) when the power pack started flashing to let me know it was flat. Don't you just love them!!!!

So here is my best effort for 2nite.

60mins @20 seconds at present unprocessed.

Trudie

post-13252-133877336525_thumb.jpg

Nice to see you got some work done Trudie, and a nice little M42 result.

The Nebula is clear enough, and the Trapezium very prominent.

Your processing will bring a lot more out of it, so looking forward to the result.

Ron. :D

Yeah!!, that's got to be your best yet Trudie.

As Ron says, the Trapezium Stars are very prominent, and not 'burned out' either.

Some good detail showing up in there too, and as yet un-processed. There's certainly more in there to extract.

Well done, you should be quite 'chuffed' with that. :D

Dave

Thanks guys, but I think I may have to spend some more pennies, on a filter at least as I don't seem to be able to get better than that or maybe I need to practice with settings on the capture/camera software, I guess it all takes time and trial and error. Trouble is I've never been a patient person.

One good thing this hobby has taught me is patience.

Cheers

Trudie

Hi Trudie

Nice image, focusing and tracking look good and you managed to get detail out of the trapezium which is difficult to say the least. I think you hit it on the nail with your comment

I guess it all takes time and trial and error

Don't give up, keep at it and with more practice your images will get better and better.

Regards

Gordon

:D

Archived