Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Disturbing variant on New Scope Curse

PhilM

It appears a mutation in the genetic structure of the New Scope Curse has produced a new and hideous variant of this torturous condition.

The new strain appears to have developed a form in which the cardinal symptom of clouded over skies for several weeks after buying a new scope no longer remains a persistant chronic manifestation of the underlying condition. Instead periods of cloudless skies appear during daytime with additional night time clear weather also predicted. Hopes that this might suggest some leverage in the gloomy prognosis for sufferers is shortlived as emerging evidence suggests a close correlation between periods of clear sky and geographical seperation from the new scope.

Yes, a nice shiny new Burgess Optical 91mm triplet is waiting for me in Hampshire with clear skies outside and some clear weather predicted for tonight. Usually, I would be heading back tonight but have to stay an extra day in Bristol this week. I can only ask for your sympathy and extend my apologies to all Hampshire based astronomers who are can now reliably predicted cloudy weather every weekend for months.

Phil.

:lol::D:lol::D:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Helen.

It also affects 'old scopes' in exactly the same way Phil. :lol:

Dave

Don't say that - I need some hope to cling to :D I've had one session out since mid November :D

The girlfriend is starting to get concerned at what she considers as being the 'odd behaviour' of patting my scopes and saying "never mind, it'll be ok" a lot.

the forecast here in Leeds is for clear skies all night with very good visibility( for the first time in weeks) but hey guess what ? I'm running a temp of 40.6C (105.F) with runny and soar eyes, nose, throat etc etc.................. I give up !

Karlo

Archived