Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Try not to get distracted when cooking dinner

floppygoose

I had already volunteered to cook our dinner before I realised that we were in for a rare period of reasonably clear sky on Sunday. Not wishing to miss out, I decided to set the scope up for cooling while dinner was cooking. All setup, lens box at the ready etc., I couldn't resist the temptation to have a quick peek at M82 before dinner. Found M81 and M82 in the 25mm EP, then naturally played with a few other lenses looking for optimum viewing. Quickly swinging the scope around to the natural target, Jupiter, I suddenly found myself facing a very angry wife, holding a saucepan of potatoes, completely devoid of water and somewhat blackened. She had just returned from a neighbour's house to find my burnt offerings .... Oops!

It will undoubtedly take a long time to live this down, but I suppose on the plus side, I don't suppose I will be allowed to do dinner again, especially if the sky is clear.

Phil  

Yowsa, you selfish astronomer, you.

Sounds like something I would do.

Moral of the story? Always use a LARGE pot with lots of water while simultaneously cooking and observing.

Deserving of a sticky?

Barry

Oh dear !

Yep, got a few blackened pans here as well !!

It is a bit late for me to say that Microwave Ovens cook potatoes very well and they come with timers these days !!!!! :) :)

Rule1 : When offering to cook the meal first check that OH has already frozen suitable left-over portions from previous endevours ;)

Be careful of typos in "Subject",

what you meant to say was :

"Try not to let cooking dinner distract you from the important things in life"

ho ho ho , , ,

Archived