NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ic410 a bi-colour w.i.p.

tony

Finally some imaging time, finished work at 10pm thursday evening to clear sky.

I got the ha for this a few weeks ago, and thursday got some oiii, will be needing more i think and sii when weather permits.

Not sure exactly what it should look like colourwise but it looks ok for a w.i.p.

22 x 900 ha

20 x 900 oiii

ic41022ha20oiiibicolourcopycopy_zpsbf97c

I think it should range from pink to orange with light blue to white... probably... the sii will add a bit of yellow/green to it. Who knows with these false colour images :)

You are starting to pick up a lot of detail though and it certainly looks good.

Nice one Tony - not sure about the colour but by gum, it hits you straight between the eyes !!!

i followed this   http://www.starrywonders.com/bicolortechniquenew.html  but it came out a lot brighter than the one i posted, if that hits you between the eyes then the first one would have burned them out lol :laugh:

i managed to tone it down a bit by using the selective colour tool in ps.

Nice one! Complete freedom with colour in narrowband I think, in general people like to know what goes into each R, G and B so you can have

an idea of how gases in the nebula are represented.  You can try of course to approximate natural colour if you wish; that's one choice, but there are

many popular others,

cheers

E.

Archived