Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Counter Weights On EQ Mount.

I was wondering if my counter weights are in the right place on my EQ mount?

3238_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

This is what they are like at the moment, and I see no problems, however most of your scopes or ones in magazines have them in different places... (either apart or at the bottom)

Are Mine OK, and what is a good way to check that they are OK?

As long as they balance the scope, it doesn't matter where they are Wedge!

Easy way to check is rotate the scope in RA until the RA axis is horizontal and then CAREFULLY let go! If it stays level all is well!!!

As they say, if it's balanced, it's right. However, I found that if you put the smaller weight above the larger one, and get it roughly balanced, a little on the side the weights are on, you can move the smaller weight up the bar to fine-tune the balance. This involves larger movements than both weights together and is a lttle easier to get right. OTOH, nobody's going to laugh at you because of the way your weights are arranged, if it's balanced.

I think you just wanted to show off a picture of the flash mount you have :D

What do you have mounted on it? Whatever it is, have fun using it

How did you guess? :D

I have an Omni XLT 150. I couldn't recommend it more :lol:

Thanks for all the help guys. I find it so nice that at SGL I can ask little questions, and people are so willing to help me out :sunny:

Archived