NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rosette - NGC2244

flolic

Another object from my trip to Lastovo island, Rosette nebula.

I imaged this object few times before, but was always dissatisfied because of various reasons. I think I nailed it this time :smiley:

Imaging location: Lastovo island, Croatia, 27.12.2013.
Imaging instrument: Skywatcher ED80, 0.85x FF/FR, modified cooled Canon 450D, sensor temperature -10C
Guiding: homemade OAG, Atik 16IC, PHD guiding
Mount: belt modified NEQ6 Pro, EQMOD
Exposure: 12 x 600s, ISO1600
Software: Nebulosity3, PixInsight 1.8

Rosette_1400_1.jpg

Super. Narrowband images show that the composition of the inner and out parts of the nebula are different. If you capture it well in natural colour you will see this clearly, just as you have done here. The inner part is more magenta, the outer part more red and Ha dominated.

Olly

First, thank you all :)

Super. Narrowband images show that the composition of the inner and out parts of the nebula are different. If you capture it well in natural colour you will see this clearly, just as you have done here. The inner part is more magenta, the outer part more red and Ha dominated.

Olly

Exactly. I have imaged this object in the past, but never managed to get this colour difference. I guess my imaging skill evolved... :D

Archived