Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Something for the Diary!

Paul M

Playing with this: http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/SolarEclipsesGoogleMaps.html

Brings up a rather deep partial solar eclipse on the morning of 20th March 2015 for the UK.

Here is what Stellarium makes of it:

post-28650-0-69179700-1390255703_thumb.p

Worth putting in the diary to be sure you have your eclipse glasses in time! :) 

It's actually in striking range for seafarers to get a look at totality!

Nice one. I think that day is forecast to be cloudy though ;-(.

Saw the transit of Venus through the PST and it was amazing. Partial eclipse would be great too, and in white light.

Don't forget the transit of Mercury, coming up sometime in 2016 I think.

Stu

Here's an idea, if you like that kind of thing: http://www.fredolsencruises.com/news/press-releases/2013/june/get-the-best-views-of-the-total-solar-eclipse-in-march-2015--with-fred--olsen-cruise-lines-

I hope they hone their scientific knowledge in the intervening months. Light pollution isn't normally a concern during solar eclipses but better safe than sorry! :)

Perhaps they'll  realise that an additional benefit of eclipse chasing on a boat is that the boat can hopefully find a clear bit of sky on the day (within reason).

It'll be no worse than Cornwall '99 then ...  :p

i had a couple of work colleagues who went to cornwall for that they were pretty frustrated at the cloud cover. but when i told them it was reasonably clearish, but we at work had been strictly forbidden to go outside and look it made them a little better.

but when i told them it was reasonably clearish, but we at work had been strictly forbidden to go outside and look it made them a little better.

I can't guess your work circumstances but I think I'd have been looking for a new job!

I planned ahead and booked a hotel near the centre line on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast.

Perfect choice and great view :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Archived