Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Its 2014 and its all gone quiet...

knobby

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol nice find, that looks like a great LX90  :cool:

Yeah it's mine, I've decided to give up trying to make it into somethings its not and just go for a new setup. 

Glad you got out last night Blazar, the sky looked really great, I just got my scope back today so looking forward to the weekend, there's a potential clear period 21:00-03:00 tomorrow according to scopenights.

Serious note though if anyone is interested in the LX90 let me know, techinically it has 16 months of warranty left which I think isn't directly transferable but I could work something out.

So what is the proposed new set-up looking like? I keep trashing my purchase list, and it always seems to be that I need that extra cash to go that bit further....my reckoning though is that once the mount is sorted, then I can throw anything on it within reason. was looking at the NEQ6, but now might wait another 5 months or so, and go for the AZ-EQ6GT....its always just out of reach at the moment....

Looking to get the CGEM DX 1100 HD. I think i'm underestimating how much accessories will cost me though. The special Focal Reducer is really expensive and i'd probably get the GPS addon or even Starsense.

I think  it's a good compromise on visual for a lot of gain in AP. I also checked with Rock Mallin and he confirms the focal reducer that came with my Mallincams will work fine with the EDGE optics, so really I should be able to do what I do now without buying much else yet have the option to do some real AP in the future.

I have to admit i'm sad to sell my first scope but it just makes too much sense.

Looking to get the CGEM DX 1100 HD. I think i'm underestimating how much accessories will cost me though. The special Focal Reducer is really expensive and i'd probably get the GPS addon or even Starsense.

I think it's a good compromise on visual for a lot of gain in AP. I also checked with Rock Mallin and he confirms the focal reducer that came with my Mallincams will work fine with the EDGE optics, so really I should be able to do what I do now without buying much else yet have the option to do some real AP in the future.

I have to admit i'm sad to sell my first scope but it just makes too much sense.

First love / first scope ... Never forget ;-)

Not tried around Chelmsford, that particular place seems a bit close to the M11 though? still relatively dark though according to the map 

http://www.avex-asso.org/dossiers/pl/uk/index.html

Have a particular location around there? Can't beat having a nice flat bit of concrete if that's what you've found, especially this time of the year!

Had a very frustrating time last night, I didn't think to Calibrate my mount and Train the drives after the work done on it and the GOTOs were just Rubbish, even with really careful alignment procedure. So I spent a good 3 hours until 2am trying to get M82 in view of my camera. I managed to get it in the eyepiece but then I had to move to use the focus mask on a star with the cam and then never got it back in view.

Hopefully i'll get another chance this week.

Anyone else enjoying the ridiculous amounts of mud everywhere?

Hello all - so, what have I been missing? xx

Hi Simms,

Not a lot recently....camera died, not done any Afocal, not got to a dark site...but the plus side is I have managed to get out and look at the stars anyway.

How bout you? you have been really quiet..any nice photos / star images to show us? 

O.....and Happy New Year ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived