Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stargazing Live 2014 (the Brian Cox effect)

FLO

If you're thinking of solar imaging then a fast frame rate camera is the way to go rather than a normal ccd. You need to catch those moments of crisp seeing and you need as large number of frames to get enough to control the noise levels in processing.

Helen

That's a good point - thanks for pointing that out Helen :)  Change of plan then - it's so long since I did any solar imaging that I'd completely forgotten that :(

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Solar glasses shown on Stargazing Live are now listed at our website. 

They cost only £3 so as a thank-you for participating in this thread we'll send a pair of solar glasses free of charge to everyone who has posted, up to this point. Please PM me your name and address :smiley:

The only thing is it'll be 10-15 days (perhaps longer if our competitors all order the same) before they will be in stock. Hope that's okay. 

The solar specs have arrived and all backorders are cleared so we will be dispatching the free ones today or tomorrow :smiley:

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived