NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Setting Up 2 Scopes side By Side On EQ6 Pro

I have just purchased a dual saddle mounting bar to mount 2 refractors side by side on my neq6 pro. One will be used for imaging and the other for guiding. Normally when setting up my mount I would rotate the dec axis untill the flat face on the puck is at 90deg to the horizontal using a level then make sure the 0 on the scale ligns up with the arrow. With 2 scopes on the mounting bar they would be pointing either left or right 90deg. Do I just rotate them 90deg so they are pointing upward and start the star alignment? :confused:

Yes. Do as normal with PA etc. and as said before it's the start position ie scopes pointing up mounting bar horizontal that will be taken as the home position when you start the alignment. I run 3 imaging scopes side by side ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same setup, the scopes side by side - one imaging, one guiding.

I do my PA with the scopes off the puck and as has been already said the DEC axis for my home position is pointing at 90 degrees, so the scopes will orientate line of sight with Polaris after PA.

• 4 months later...

Hi! I am also planning to switch to dual saddle mounting and I also have an EQ6. Can anyone suggest a good saddle? I was thinking maybe Geoptik, but they have quite a few different models, I don't which one.

Archived