Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter and the Moon

northcanadian

Hi All:

We have had a cold spell here for a while now (-32 or so ...northern Saskatchewan) .  Needless to say I haven't been out scoping recently.  However on our way back north Wednesday evening we observed a beautiful orange moon and Jupiter (at about eeleven o'clock to the moon) Sometimes it was directly in front of us as the highway curved.  We enjoyed the view ...sometimes peeking through the boreal forest.

Hope to get out with the scope once it warms up considerably.

Cheers

Roger

Thankfully it never get's that cold here, -7 is about the lowest

I have been out observing, but I must say that the sky is so clear

when it is frosty, I don't mind the cold, but not your temperatures,

you must be hardy folk, and yes Jupiter and the Moon do look

stunning at the moment. 

NorthCanadian I thought I was hardened to cold but that is crazy.  It was zero here a week ago so I observed the moon through the double glazing mapping crators with the Central Heating up and a nice cold glass of white in hand.  You'd have to lick the wine off a stick  :grin:

But please do post what you get up to.  I'm sure like others I find hearing from fellow enthusiasts in different environments fascinating.  I can picture the scene in your first post.  

And before I get dragged away into family Christmas things a very Happy Xmas to all those who live nearer to Santa Claus than me and yet still brave it :cool: 

ps And everyone else for that matter :smiley:  

Archived