NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Light

Hi all, I have been into visual astronomy for a while now, but finally ventured onto Astro Imaging gear for this winter. Last night was first light for the new setup, so thought I would share, far from perfect but delighted for a first attempt.

Just need to get a better handle on Deepsky Stacker and the processing sidpost-33696-0-98159700-1386677578_thumb.je.

Thanks Guys, Patrick I'm using a Celestron CG5 Mount, a Skywatcher ED80mm Refractor, and Canon 7D with focal reducer.

I took 10 Light images, didnt bother with darks etc, I was too excited slewing about the skies. Next time I will do a concerted effort on just one or 2 objects and use darks and bias.

How do you add more images to this, I was wanting to upload one more of the Orion nebula.

Chris

Well I am flattered by the response guys, much appreciated, doing something right then. I know I ain't getting the polar alignement right or something because I'm not able to get any more than 40 sec exposures without trailing, but I'll hopefully get it.

Marvellous first attempt. Mine was pretty pants. Well done! Next time do a few darks and you'll see just how crisp and clean the image will get! If you orient the galaxy in same position in the next set of subs, stack both sets in separate groups on DSS, that's if the times etc are different. If they're the same, try stacking them as one group and see how it goes. (I'm not that knowledgeable!) It'll all build up your data.

Alexxx

Archived