NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My First Image of M42

Which camera did you use?

Hi Mark

I have a Canon 600D tethered to my laptop and use EOS software that comes with Canon setup to take 1 min subs automatically.

very nice you have done a good job with processing as well! i am guessing this is un-guided? you do have slight trailing on your stars so better polar alignment will allow you do longer subs

Thanks Pete

I am trying to get better PA, but can only manage 1 min subs at the moment. Every time I setup I think this may be the night I get the PA spot on and then find it's not :confused:. However, Olly gave me a fix for star trails in PS and I think I will try and use it on this image.

I really appreciate your kind comments Guys.

Brenda   :smiley:   

Very nice especially for a first image.  What ISO are you shooting at?

Cheers

Ross

Hi Ross I used ISO 800. I tried at 400 before but because of my PA not being spot on I had to up it.

Hi

You'll be pleased with that.

Great image and you've not "blown out" the centre which is always tricky on this target.

Well done.

Neil

Hi Neil

The centre was processed separately and added to the final image. I used a soft brush to blend the edge so hopefully it looks part of the image

Brenda  :smiley:

Hi Neil

The centre was processed separately and added to the final image. I used a soft brush to blend the edge so hopefully it looks part of the image

Brenda  :smiley:

I recently did an image with my modded dslr and although there was more detail, I still overexposed the centre, so may try that next time I look at it.

Neil

Archived