Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEW ASTERISM DISCOVERED? Need help...

mdstuart

Eddies coaster is now on the offical Saguro list of Asterisms.

Eddie is going through his own rollercoaster today as he has an operation to try to remove cancer from around various tubes near his pancreas.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time.

Mark

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last week I was following the S@N binocular guide which Steve T put together for August and really liked this asterism, I'm sure it's something I'll come back to.

Thank you to all involved for getting it published and especially to Eddie for spotting it and sharing it.

We (Chipping Norton amateur astronomy group) had an interesting astro / archaeology event at the Rollright Stone last weekend including talks from Clive Ruggles, Lizzie Bryant and Chris Lintott but the biggest surprise and delight for me was when Eddie suddenly appeared through the trees and came up and shook my hand. I must say he certainly seems to be his old self again and we had a long chinwag dicussing his coaster asterim amongst other things astronomical. I took a couple of photo's of him next to my solar scope which I would like to share with you and wish him well for the future.

Mel

post-4305-0-92485400-1406929363_thumb.jppost-4305-0-51727300-1406930837_thumb.jp

Archived