NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sun in Ha from a cold and windy Gateshead (4/12/13)

DrRobin

Hi,

My first solar image of December and looking at the weather and my timetable it might be sometime until I get another.  Very clear today, but the seeing or transparency was pants.  Shot 600 frames per pane and 12 panes for a mosaic with a Lunt 60 DS, DMK41 and 1.5x barlow.

There was lots of filaments and one very big long filament stretching 2/3rd of the way across the disc.  There are a few proms on the SW limb, perhaps there is something new coming?

Robin

Sun-4-12-13-b.jpg

Sun-4-12-13-c.jpg

Sun-4-12-13-ic.jpg

Clearing at sunset is just typical.  I am hoping it will stay clear for tonight, I want to align my C11 and have a go at Jupiter, but I will need to get my fleece lined trousers and big jacket out as snow is a possibility here tomorrow.

Robin

Very nice Robin, despite conditions. I haven't had a chance to look at the sun since the weekend, so nice to see what is going on. Those filaments are looking good. Hope you get a crack at Jupiter tonight.

Sarah

Thanks guys,

Sarah, I saw Jupiter through the camera, but it hadn't cleared the tree next door but one before it went in to cloud. I did get a few 240 sec subs on M27 with my C11 before that dropped below houses and my C11 is now aligned so all was not lost.

Far too windy to even stand up today, never mind solar imaging.

Robin

Looks good from here Robin ...  :laugh:

Ghastly seeing here last night , had the same plans on Jupiter , very windy here now but clear and calm for tomorrow I hope ... 

Looks to be brightening a little here now , but not sure the big pier's the place to be today , it's OK with a northerly as the roof protects it somewhat but a  westerly like today whips right along the terrace.

The wind is easing now, it has been up to around 45Kts at home, but has settled to around 20 now.  The rain has passed and there is clear blue sky to the north, but no sun due to a big cloud bank to the south.  My solar scope is at home today and home is not likely to flood, we are on the edge of the Tyne valley, 300 feet above sea level.

Work is a different matter, its only a few feet above sea level, but we are far enough inland.  First hint of flooding and I am off home.

I think I would give the pier a miss today Steve.

Robin

Archived