Hello from the Wirral

LeeWilky

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Lee and welcome to SGL. I do admire your enthusiasm and you have already taken a great step forward in acquiring Steve's, book, but you do realise you are going over to the dark side. Enjoy your AP I am sure it will bring you pleasure and frustrations in ample doses :)

Thanks all :)  I didnt get my scope today because parcelforce are............ fill in the blanks.  The driver couldnt be bothered and just posted a note thru the door without even knocking.  Phoned them up and got mental so it should be here tomorrow with them footing the bill for the price i paid for express delivery.  Got my Nikon d3200 tho and loving it so far.  Over ther rest of the week ill be getting my Scope, Filters, T Ring, Cheshire Collimator, air blower and lense wipes, remote shutter control for the camera, red LED head torch, spare memory cards for camera, case for camera and i cant even remember what else lol!  Then ill be ready to learn the hard way as always no doubt :)  A little annoyed that the skies are clearing here tonight and i have no scope.  Parcelfarce me and you have fallen out big time!  Gaurantee it will be cloudy when 'IF' it arrives tomorrow.

Way ahead of you mate lol already bookmarked it.  Some really helpful totorials on there so between yours and his im starting to get a good grasp of what to do to get started.  Just need my scope now!  Damned lazy parcel force drivers.  We have a very large and loud wooden door with 2 doorbells and 2 dogs that go mental when any of the above are touched so for them to say the driver tried is a load of rubbish.  Not to mention me sat above the front door in the upstairs living room all day waiting and the 3 other delivery drivers dropping off their goods no problem.  Not a happy bunny.  Oh well cant do much about it lol.

Its is annoying when that happens but its far more annoying to have weeks and weeks and weeks of cloud when your itching to get out there and do some imaging you soon learn to just roll with it and make the most of the clear nights. Best advice I can give you is be patient take your time and plan your sessions before hand. Its very tempting to rush into everything when you first start but if your going to get into imaging one of the best things you can do is start learning how to process images correctly as this will be a big part of your imaging progress. Hope it comes tomorrow for you but if we then get weeks of cloud cover I am going to blame you! lol

Haha we shall see.  The next few nights arent looking too bad up here.  Tomorrow night isnt looking too shabby at all so with any luck ill be out there having fun.  Not even going to attach the camera to the scope for a bit i just want to have a good look around for a while first and get a feel for her.  Going to spend the day playing with the camera if the scope arrives nice and early too.  What imaging software do you reccomend?  I beleive you use Photoshop 4 dont you?  I cant really afford to go buying anything just now but i have downloaded Deepskystacker and found a few youtube toturials for it and i have Photoshop Elements already installed if thats any good?

I use Photoshop cs5 to process all my images. To control my mount I use AstroEQ with EQmod and CDC star chart, backyard eos controls my canon 350d. If you watch my video on my blog you can see the whole set up in action.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Oh well lol the Met Office are notorious for getting the weather wrong so fingers crossed.  My met office app says broken clouds next few days so hopefully that Clear Skies app is just rubbish and wrong :)   Will have a look at prices for Photoshop when we get back from feeding the horses.  Will probably make do with what i have for now and once ive got my Mount motored then ill consider pumping more money into the new hobby.  Its too tempting to jump in both feet first but ill start slow and work my way up.  One thing is for certain tho is this will be a hobby for life.  Ive been fascinated with the cosmos ever since i could look up so im here to stay im sorry to say :)

Hi Lee and welcome - glad to see your scope finally turned up so I look forward to seeing the results once you get sorted and all these clouds clear. It's a frustrating hobby at times, but keep persevering and you'll find that you soon start to make progress. However, a word of warning - it can get very expensive!

Hi David and thank you :)

Yep I've already spent well over £1000 but it's worth every penny. All my life I have sat looking up so it's definitely time to take it one step further.

Just need a clear sky lol!

Wednesday is looking promising at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

said bit of snow Cheshire /Wirral Thursday but doubt it, I am fed up of all this cloud too lol

Yeh its getting ridiculous now.  The only clear sky ive seen for almost 2 weeks was last friday night and early sat morning when i was at work.  So frustrating.  They said tonight was going to be mostly clear but no changed their minds to cloudy again! 

Archived