Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

You own HOW many scopes!?

Telescope Ownership  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How many telescopes do you currently own?

• 11+

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to have loads of them (two!), but have cut  down by half to one. Would quite like a solar scope. I nearly bought a PST a few years ago when then were about £400 - now they seem to be over £600.  Would also like  a small obs shed with 16".

Would quite like a solar scope. I nearly bought a PST a few years ago when then were about £400 - now they seem to be over £600.

I bought one broken with the etalon intact and the left over parts from someone who had done a pst mod, then made a good one for less than 200 quid :) so keep your eyes pealed.

I have two: Meade LX 908" and a TV NP-101 Should there be a 3rd and if so, what should it be?

Big dob I reckon.

Well, I will say this, since you did ask...

Apertures from 1-inch (Pocket Borg) to 18 (Starmaster).

One Mak,

Two dobs,

Three SCTs

And refractors.

Glad I asked :D.

Does the 8inch newt and 10 inch SCT ever get used?

Rarely, I must say. I had a double star buff who was the last to use the SCT. Optically it's a good one. The small Newt rarely gets an airing but you never know. Its quite a nice rich field scope but the FL is only a little shorter than the TEC140 and that is so sharp and exciting to use visually.

Olly

Two C14s?

I hope they are dual-mounted.

Mine are a Meade 70 Jupiter in pieces for a solar scope

An old Celestron 150 Cass

A Vixen VC110

A Vixen VC200

A Vixen NA140

A 12" horseshoe truss Newt

A 12 f/12 truss Cass in assembly

Oh, and a AE 10" truss tube Newt that misses its mount.

Mike

I have 2 scopes, Celestron 127 mak and Skywatcher 200 PDS.

Problem is that I had a chance to mess around with a friends new Meade 12" SCT, both visual and some astro photography. Damn, how do I raise the funds to get me one of these scopes myself?! ;-) It's sure is a beefy scope, but, it just took 15 mins and we were up and running, while I had to fiddle for 30 more mins before I was ready with my NEQ6 and 200 PDS.

Archived