NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally ordered!!

Hi everyone :)

I just ordered my first real scope :D!

After a long time reading reviews and study all kind of scopes and optics I manage to make the decision to choose the skywatcher 200p dob. It appears to be a great scope, especially for beginners like me xD.

I also bought a 2x barlow (cuz I want to make planetary observations mainly) and a collimator :).

As most people suggested, I will keep this basic setup for a while until I have sure that i need some kind of upgrade (EP's, etc). 

I also like to take some pictures whenever I can and I already have an adapter to do afocal shots that I been using with my 15x70 binos, so I hope to get some nice shots too (and post them here eventually)  when I get the scope :)

Well and thats that :) the excitement lead me to make this post. Any extra tip or advices for scope starters are welcome :D

Clear skies everyone (I havent had much luck on that xD)

Cheers :)

Congratulations to your new scope, an excellent choice, I have to say.

An outstanding preperation before your purchase too, I would hope more beginers can follow your footstep and do the homework as good as you did.

Clear sky!

A 200p Dob, collimator, barlow and binos is a great starter kit. Well done. Next for me would be a Telrad or similar, a low stool and very warm clothing, all for comfort. Plus a red filtered torch.

Archived