Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wohoo! there here....

Bungielad

Got my Celestron skymaster 15x70s today and am well chuffed,

Was a bit worried if they may of needed collimated but after taking them out the box and giving them the once over, all looks good.

Looking forward to using them when the clouds do one.....!

Bungielad.

Well.....had a quick look through the bins tonight and have to say I'm really happy with them, didn't have them on a mount and held them, had a bit of hand shake but M31 I found pretty much straight away..( a lot quicker than the scope actually),

Had a look for the dumbell and to be honest I saw quite a few faint smudges in the area so wernt to sure if I'd seen it or not?

I have to say....these are gonna be a great asset in finding objects before aligning the scope.

Fantastic buy and wish I'd have got them a long time ago.

Bungielad.

After further inspection of my new bins I think I may have a problem......I can't get focus in the right lense!

During the day the focus seems fine but when looking at Venus and jupiter the right barrel won't focus.

Do they need to be collimated I wonder?

When looking down both barrels during day and looking about a foot away the light does make good circles in the lenses but for some reason at night the left does focus and the right don't......only looking at planets and stars this happens though.

Any help anyone......

Bungielad

Hope it works. I've not done such surgery yet, but there are some candidates here...

skymaster 15x70 are known to have the need for extra attention.

May I inquire what you paid for them (via PM when needed)

Got them for £55 from "the photography shop" they are ex demo but was kept in a glass cabinet under lock and key....(by all accounts)

I was a bit stupid actually because for a brand new boxed pair it was only a few quid more but I didn't notice that until after perchance and getting them....drrr!

Hopfully I should be able to swap them and pay the extra for a new boxed set.

Bungielad.

Adding on........just spoke to the guys from the photography shop and have to say....what a nice bunch!

Really helpful and informative.

Also they agreed with no questions asked to upgrade to a new pair of bins so, I'm a happy chap!

Bungielad

Signor Tonkin to the resque :    http://binocularsky.com/binoc_RED.php  

One caveat: all teh Celestron Skymasters I have seen have a cemented right eyepiece assembly. Very difficult to dismantle and adjust without damaging something. Only worth attempting if the binocular is out of warranty.

Also they agreed with no questions asked to upgrade to a new pair of bins

...as, indeed, Part 5A of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 requires them to do  :grin:   . (IMO we should all make ourselves aware of the provisions of that and the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000)

Just a little update.........I had my bins picked up for return to the shop that I had purchased them from, the company who picked up my bins for return were.." my Hermes"

After a week of not hearing from the shop I decided to give them a call to see if they had received them, there answer was no!

I quickly got on to " my Hermes" site to track my returned item, now........the item was picked up on 31st October and there site was telling me a week after that the item was waiting to be picked up......yep, there was a problem!

Got on the telephone to them to be told they have no recollection of this at all and unfortunately the package has been lost or misplaced......I don't like to judge but the option " Nicked" sprung to my mind.

I will be getting a refund from " my Hermes" but not the full amount and also have to wait 28 days for the process to go through,..............my advice to anyone sending goods with this company...DON'T!

Bungielad.

Got my new bins a couple of days ago a took them out for a trial on Thursday night......wow and excellent are the words that spring to mind.

Due to the moon being up I didn't really look for much but did have a gander at the moon which was outstanding, couldn't believe I could make out the creators (even if the hands were a bit shaky)

Orion looked just ace, it actually looked better than using the scope which, I was really surprised at. Could even make out a nice blue effect which looked beautiful.

Pleiades also looked absolutely beautiful whilst lying down on the garden bench.

Top night and very happy that after all the messing about with the first set being faulty and getting lost in the return delivery that I actually managed to have a chilled out evening on my back looking up at something beautiful.......lol.

Bungielad.

Glad you're sorted at last .... :laugh: 

This is why I  NEVER  buy anything on-line and always check stuff over in person before purchase , even if it means a trip somewhere , just me I guess but I just can't be doing with all the hassle and disappointment .... I like to get what I've paid for , there and then , knowing that it's fit for use ....   :p  

I have the Skymaster 20x80, My son has just bought the 15x70s and I cannot really get on with them. It seems that I have to use inverted vision to see anything, no matter how I adjust the width of the eyepieces I still seem to get vignetting. Are they out of collimation?

With my 20x80s I can just look straight through them with no trouble 

Archived