NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lightning over Southampton

Hi all, not really sure if this is the correct place, but I notice that the aurora is listed as an example so surely lightning is in a similar special events / 'natural phenomenon'  category  :grin:

all a bit of a rush, even forgot my tripod but luckily had a gorilla pod in the bag so wrapped it around my car wing mirror!

10436672263_d15a1463aa_b.jpg

10436482774_a7c4bae8dd_b.jpg

thanks  for the feedback! cheers Mart :) the 2nd pic was super long as I was just setting up and trying stuff out so I had to take the exposure down massively in PP. Think I settled for about 6 seconds in the end. Couple more to process but I think these couple are some of my best.

Thanks southerndiver357 - I know someone said that they were watching lightning earlier in the evening and I thought they must be somewhere else as no storms around my way, but after the storm had actually passed overhead I was seeing lightning for a couple of hours after so guess it must have been mega far away. Certainly a pretty epic storm though, the best I have seen here in many years :)

Archived