Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New telescope

I have ordered for Celestron 70mm travel telescope (as I am a beginner) ! Anyone who have the same or have used it ! Please share your experience ! 

And I am thinking of buying  a CCD camera for it  ! Please suggest, will it be worth photographing with this telescope ! And which CCD camera to go for ? 

The telescope is a quite capable little scope, the tripod is a little shaky but that is helped by hanging a weight from the centre, get a good starter book and learn the sky. Don't worry about pictures yet, simple photos of the moon will work though by holding a digital camera up to the lens. More advanced pictures require more kit that will come later. Have fun!!

Great little scope Shivam & congratulations on your purchase :smiley:

Lee has given great advice above, just take your time and get to know the sky and decide what you want to take pictures of.

Astro photography is very rewarding and you can take it to whatever level that fits in with your budget  :smiley:

Lee above has given great advice. There's a lot to learning the night sky, and a huge learning curve to learning astro photography - whilst this scope is a great little starter scope, you will want much more sophisticated equipment to do imaging. The book "Making Every Photon Count" is a terrific guide to AP - have a good read of it to find out exactly what's involved.

Otherwise - enjoy your new scope and don't hesitate to ask questions here. :)

Archived