Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Polaris images

Nothing special, took these last night early evening.

Sky pretty well useless with moon and the nextdoor football club floodlights washing it out.

First image is Polaris with ED80Pro+reducer+Hutech LP filter....Canon 600D....ISO400.....8seconds.

polarisflat.jpg

Second image EP projection with  ED80Pro....Baader Zoom EP set at 8.....Hutech LP Filter....Canon600D ISO400....8secs

polariseye.jpg

Nice. Always difficult to image doubles with a large brightness difference like Polaris - next stop, Sirius!

Chris

Not sure I can even see Sirius from my obsy.......trees and houses in the way

My view is NNW thru north, east and just about southeast, houses trees block anything lower than 20degrees.

South east is worst for LP as that is towards the south coast, Brighton etc.

Anyway thanks for your nice comments gazers.......it's great that I can still image stuff when it's hard to even see

the target visually, because of LP.

Must admit, that Hutech LP filter is worth every penny.

• 4 months later...

Very nice work indeed. I'm going to be doing the same thing here as soon as the weather breaks but with a small ccd cam from Orion .

mike h

Archived