Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First ever attempt at moon.

ezydriver

Hello all,

I have just bought a scope. A Traveler 76mm reflector. It was only a £60 jobby from Aldi, and I have waited for nine whole days before getting a chance to see the full moon. So, on my first attempt ever at pointing a scope at the sky, I decided to photograph what I saw. Using a Sony Ericsson D750i with a 2 megapixel camera, I got these. Through my bedroom window too as it was about -5 outside and my lenses kept misting up.

I know they're not top quality, but it is a first ever photography attempt resulting from a first ever scope pointing attempt using a £60 scope. So they're not bad.

73k8z04.jpg

6wzbspg.jpg

You did very well considering, and you will be mighty pleased with your first attempts.

My first go at this, many many years ago, were using the same method, but they were nowhere near as good as yours.

You have been bitten with the bug now, and are infected with the imaging virus, so watch out, one of the symptoms is an urge to spend lots of money. Try to resist this urge as much as you can. :rolleyes:

Ron. :lol:

Great start EZD, :rolleyes:

I took my first ones the same way, not nearly as good as your first attempt though. What Ron says is very true, once you have taken your first image you'll want to take more and more, it is seriously addictive.

Well done and thanks for sharing your pics,

Ian

so watch out, one of the symptoms is an urge to spend lots of money. Try to resist this urge as much as you can.

MUST.....................RESIST....................URGE......................MUSSSTTT..............

On a serious note, thank you for the replies. I didn't expect so many positive comments.

After perhaps mixing with a local astronomy club and finding out which scope I really do eventually want, I have somewhere in the region of £1500 to spend, initially.

I am hoping to get something quite decent with this. Although it will be some time, I'm a complete newbie.

There is much to learn. I still have no idea why there is a counterweight and what its role is. I have absolutely no idea how to co-ordinate, or how it even works.

I've only just learnt the difference between a refractor and a reflector and how the K numbers work on the lenses.

But I intend to learn all this and eventually get some great shots. I've always enjoyed working with photoshop too so hopefully I'll take to it reasonably well.

Once again, thank you everybody for the positive encouragement.

Just one thing I've noticed though, I've never been so obsessed with clouds and clear skies.

Archived