Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Santa's brought my H36 in time for christmas and he's brought a baby sister!

GordonH

Hi all

My Starlight H36 has arrived just in time for christmas. It is enormous compared to the M8C and M7C that I already have. The case is made from bomb proof something or the other and feels as though you could drive a tank over it without scratching it. As soon as weather clears and I have a night off will be trying it out. I have got a filter wheel and filters on the way but bless old Santa, he has had his work cut out this year what with other members having goodies delivered so it looks as though I will have to wait for the new year. Hope to post some images as soon as possible.

Have a very happy dark skied christmas everybody

Best wishes

Gordon

:rolleyes:

PS

I woke up this morning to a nice little package, Santa must have forgot something and made a late delivery, he brought me a little baby sister for my H36 (methinks my girlfriend perhaps has a little more understanding for my hobby than she makes out)

Festive fun to all

Gordon

:occasion5:

post-13589-133877334934_thumb.jpg

post-13589-133877335076_thumb.jpg

Hi all

The case is made from bomb proof something or the other and feels as though you could drive a tank over it without scratching it.

Gordon,

That is a stunning imaging gun ! Not a russian make by coincidence ? :rolleyes:.

Wow! Gordon. If Santa knew what was in the box,he might haave missed out your chiimney. :rolleyes:

What a beauty that is. You will be kitted out for Exo planet hunting with that baby.

Really looking forward to seeing what results you get with it.

Good Luck.

Ron.

There will be a few people wanting to know how you get on with the H36 Gordon.

What filter wheel are you going to be using and are you getting the full array of 2" filters? I'm especially interested in it's Ha performance. Downloads might be a bit longer than your old camera!

Congrats on the new camera, you may need a nuclear powered pc for processing though. await your results with interest, looking at the H35 as an upgrade next year. also interested in what filters/ wheel you will be using , I have a Tru Tech slim silter wheel but not sure if its compatible.

Anyway clear skies to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all

Yes it certainly is big, the cup is a full size mug and not an espresso demi tass (my preferred choice of coffee) so that should give you an idea of just how big it is. It comes with 3 adaptors, 1 x 72mm to 72mm thread for takahashi scopes, 1 x 72mm to 2" push fit and 1 x 72mm to pentax 42mm thread for camera lenses. There is likely to be some vignetting issues with certain combinations but that is something I can live with until better adaptors are in place. I have an FLI 5 x 2" filter wheel with a spare carousel on the way with a full set of RGB and Ha(6nm), Hb, OIII, SII unmounted emission line filters from Astronomik. I chose this wheel as I already have a FLI PDF focuser.

The camera will work with the True technology filter wheels and if you look on their website they have an article posted as to how to limit the vignetting using custom made low profile adaptors.

In the new year I am selling my Megrez 90 and WO 66 and getting a TMB 115 with 3.5 inch focuser to sit alongside the C14. The H36 in 4 x 4 binning mode should give a good match for the C14 in its native focal length, all I am waiting for now is some clear nights to try it out. I will post images as they download, talking of which, my laptop which has 1GB of memory will download the images without a problem (takes about 8 seconds), the problem I can see is when aligning and combining the images, will the processor run out of steam? May need an upgrade to the memory.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my xmas pressie.

Hope you all have a great christmas and lots of clear skies

Festive wishes

Gordon :wav:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived