Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Narrowband Pacman nebula

Yoddha

Hello,

This is my first narrowband image and am still reading and trying to find a way to process the data properly :) Also the data is quite limited, but enough for learning :)

So here it is - Total 1h 20min (Ha:50min, OIII:30min)

70aaabfe-ae21-4106-abac-fa88fb8c6ce1_thu

All critics and suggestions are welcome :)

That's a nice rendition for the time spent on imaging. You of course already know more time is needed :)

The Pacman doesn't have to be a jump out and smack you in the face kind of object and I like the smooth neutral look you've got. Much more time will give you the ammunition to stretch the OIII much more, if that's what you fancy. More Ha subs will reveal a greater size of cloud too.

Very nice Ivo,

Dave.

Just noticed you used the QHY 22. Not many of them around. How's it performing ?

i think thats a super image, you often see this done in HA and to be honest i think looks poor when done in just HA but you have done a wonderful job here with great structure in the dust and that little cluster of stars sitting in the middle is a nice addition too . great job look forward to seeing more

Many thanks for you kind words!

Just noticed you used the QHY 22. Not many of them around. How's it performing ?

Dave,

It is my first CCD camera, so don't have base for comparison other than with DSLR. It is easy to work with and is extremely sensible. The framing is joy using 4x4 :) As built quality is not stepping back from the Atiks I saw in our club. Dropping 30-40C is not problem. The first test I managed to make 50C difference :) The two session that was in use the temperature was set to -20C and the darks looks pretty clean, next time will start using -30C.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived